Why Use Portfolio Management Platform?
The missing overview and insufficient information on individual software products leads to inefficiencies and security risks, which negatively impact a company’s success. This can occur in several ways:
Software With the Same Functionality from Different Vendors
Software without vendor support involves two risks. The first risk is around planning. If you’re unaware of software that’s coming to end of life, you end up scrambling to find a replacement, which usually comes with costs beyond your original budget. Second, unsupported software creates security gaps for your IT system since there are no security updates available.
Like humans, plants “sweat” throughout the day. Take advantage of this water source by tying a clear plastic bag around a leafy branch. Over the course of a day, water will condense on the inside of the bag and be ready to drink!
Software with Outdated Patch Levels
Take an Active Role in Software Management
The data to evaluate the optimization potential is already available at your company and different tools might be in use to display the installed software. But there’s often a lack of know-how and resources to comprehensively analyze and process the data.
COMPAREX Portfolio Management Platform provides an up-to-date overview with comprehensive, detailed information on the technical inventory in your company, including countless functions, for a 360° analysis.
We start by inventorying your entire software portfolio by qualifying the data, scanning for new programs and any company intellectual property, and automatically combining them in an ever-growing software catalog with 14,000 vendors and over 900,000 releases. Once complete, all of the information is presented in an easy-to-read dashboard, ready to be analyzed.
With COMPAREX Portfolio Management Platform, you obtain all relevant data of the installed software. For each software product, you get specific information, such as vendor, version, edition, language, license type, belonging to a software suite, functionalities and installed patch level. This allows you to evaluate redundant products by comparing and analyzing them by means of 17 categories and 480 functions at the push of a button. Based on this information, you are able to meaningfully consolidate software products and vendors.
- Lower operational costs for the procurement process, as you have to negotiate with fewer manufacturers
- Lower operational costs for IT administration, license management, and support as fewer software products need to be managed
- Avoid unnecessary costs for new licenses by recycling or sorting unused software
- Higher employee productivity, as non-business software, like games, can be detected and removed from the network
Increase IT Security
- Comparing the installed patch level with the currently available patch enables you to identify necessary updates at a glance.
- Evaluating non-business software and removing it at an early stage dramatically reduces the risk of external hackers.
- Analyzing which products are currently (or soon to be) end of life allows you to be proactive in upgrading, which decreases security gaps and offers better budget control.